Monday, December 1, 2008

Crazy Coug-ness #1

Event Name: Holualoa Tucson Triathlon
Date & Time: March 29, 2009 06:30 AM
Location: University of Arizona - Hillenbrand Aquatic Center
Event Confirmation #: 25862305-120108175715

Okay, this is not the first crazy thing I've ever done in my life, but it may be the craziest. I bit the bullet and actually signed up for the Tucson Tri. My new adventure in trying to tri. It will be ugly, as I am not a tiny little hard body. I'm just your average waaaaay overweight person who thinks that maybe this is the answer.

This all started about 5 1/2 years ago. That is when I met Fe-Lady (It's kind of funny referring to her with her blog name, but I'll get over it). We worked at the same school, and she was this totally awesome, super-active chic (still is!!!) 5 1/2 years later, she drug my butt up to Ironman AZ in Tempe. It was a great weekend, watching an amazing event and meeting some pretty cool people. When I noticed that tri takes all creatures great and small, I decided to give it a shot, which is the beginning of my crazy new take on life.

So, Today is it. My first day of tri craziness.

4 comments:

Fe-lady said...

Thanks for the shout-out, but it will be YOU and you alone that will get all triathlon crazy (a good kind of crazy) and get your butt across the finish line! But I will help in any way I can!
Now...I have got to get my lazy butt to register for things.
Glad you started a blog! It helps with motivation and keeping in touch with others who are just as crazy as you...er...us!

Duane said...

Yay! You can do it! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

if you are a Coug - you can do it :-)

Did you grow up in Washington?

Karie said...

Yeah, I grew up in Snohomish, WA. Did you grow up there or come to WSU from a different state? The alumni association does a few events (more and more every year), we try and stay pretty connected to other AZ Cougs.