Thursday, December 4, 2008

35?

I'm not sure I like these USAT rules.

I just got my confirmation email for the Tucson Tri. Not only was my swim time, pathetically slow, taken into question (they might do that to everyone, but I'm taking it personally), but because of USAT rules, I have to race at age 35.

35? I will only have been 34 for three months when my event takes place. I turn 34 on December 31st, so I will always have to race as one year older than I actually am. Welcome to triathlon.

I know this happens to everyone, but I choose to be a complainer today.

1 comment:

Fe-lady said...

As you get older you will WELCOME the fact that you are racing against older women. (Fewer of us!)
It sucks being at the old end! Just know that you will be competing against women who are OLDER (WAY OLDER) than you! ;-)
Gosh I had better enter soon.

A new Years baby! Cool!

Hope things at work and with training are going well!

Less than two weeks until holiday break!