Monday, September 7, 2009

Who Updates This Thing, Anyway.....

Obviously, not me.

Well, life is back to normal I guess.

School started three weeks ago, and it was tough trying to re-acclimate to 31 10-year olds and a training schedule. I'm just now starting to get it down, I hope.

As far as tris go, I was able to get signed up for The Tinfoilman Triathlon in Tucson on October 25th. Luckily, I got in just before registration closed.

On the training front, I have become much stronger and a little smaller. I have only lost about ten pounds. But, with that ten pounds came 3 3/4 inches from my stomach, 3 inches from my bra line, and two inches from my hips. Not too bad.

I was able to do two sets of ten girl push ups, which isn't much, but considering I could not even complete 1 just over six weeks ago, I'm pleased.

After a tire problem derailed last weeks long ride, I was able to get in a good ride today. Thank goodness for Holidays. I start masters later this week, and I begin meeting with my cohort for National Board Certification (a crazy teacher thing).

That's about all there is for now.

3 comments:

mary g said...

You ROCK Karie! What great progress :) That's a lot of inches. Keep on moving and don't stop.

Fe-lady said...

keep up the great work...it's gotta be tough fitting all this in!
Congrats on the inches lost! weight too! whoohoo!

Melissa said...

Great job on your weight loss and balancing life and working out. You Rock. I just got my elementary education degree. I cannot imagine getting my national board certification. You go girl!!