Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Running

Last week, Hubby and I started running with a 5k training group. The first week sucked, but I have NO idea why. I was the last in the group on every run interval (A position I'm used to). My legs hurt to even walk and the running was pathetic. It was a 1 minute run interval followed by a 4 minute walk interval. We did this seven times with a 5 minute walking warm-up and cool down. I had been running this interval for a couple weeks before and had no problems.

The day after the run, my legs felt like they were going to explode. By my legs I mean the tips of my toes to the top of my butt. They had never felt like that before. It took four days for them to recover. To say the least, I was not excited about going back this week.

This week's run interval was a 5 minute warm-up walk with a 1 minute run interval followed by a 3 minute walk interval. Repeat 10 times with a 5 minute walk cool-down. No worries. I was in the back of the group again. This time though, I was joined by a girl for a few intervals. She was always a step or two away, but not far. And, to top it all off. Today, I have very little pain. Only some soreness atop the the base of my toes (I'm sure that area has a name, but I don't know what it is).

Hopefully, the rest of this week and next week's group run goes as well.

Tomorrow night is Happy Hour after work. I am going to run from my school to the bar, have some water (maybe another beverage) and run back to my school before driving home. I told you I had a little crazy in me.

No comments: