Monday, January 26, 2009

Getting Personal!

Sorry, but it is time. And by but, I really mean butt. In like, mine hurts.
My friend Bridget likes to claim that she is gifted at "making a short story long." Well, I also posses this gift, at times.
So, here goes. I have just started running again, and I remember now why I hate the first few runs after some time off. The tush, it hurts. All the chaffing..........
And when I ride my bike. Besides all the chaffing, the sits bones, they hurt.
Now, what about the swimming? I don't think my butt actually hurts from swimming. Except for maybe in this way. The chlorine may possibly dry out the skin, and well then, I'll leave it at that.
So, what to do about my butt? I will keep running because the chaffing will become less (and I have to, or I'll get yelled out. See if I ever honestly post about being lazy again). I will keep biking because apparently more time in the saddle will help with that whole issue. And, I will keep swimming because I like being in the water, and I don't want to drown early on in any event. One thing I will try though is this:
When my nieces were babies (They are currently the ripe, old age of 4, 4, and 2), my sister and sister-in-law used this lovely diaper rash cream on their little, tiny tushies. It seemed to help them.
When I was discussing this problem at my sister's baby shower (oh, yeah, I hold nothin back, except for the curse words. What if one of my students gets their hands on this? Just the thought gives me giant goose bumps), Anyway, the girls' Phrama C told me that when she is training, she breaks out he Boudreaux's. So, on my next trip to the store, I'll pick some up and try it out.
I warned you - Short story long! (I may have to make this my new signature)

1 comment:

mary g said...

Hopefully Pharma C's kids don't get a look at this one either!! Too funny :)