Thursday, January 22, 2009

LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have found my old, lazy self. It seems that the prospect of having one day off from work last week sent me into lazy overload. I biked a little and swam a little last Thursday, and then, NOTHING, until Tuesday. I did a little strength workout and more nothing.

Today, though, was the day to come back around and get off my big, fat butt and move. After nearly falling asleep in a meeting, I came home from work and did a strength workout. I toyed around with the idea spending the rest of the night curled up on the couch with the excuse of rain outside. But...... I let my conscious get the best of me and headed for the gym where I put in a little over two miles on the treadmill in walk/jog intervals. I'm hoping it was enough to motivate me to get back on track. Now, a little beauty sleep awaits.

3 comments:

Duane said...

Hey! No slacking! Planned rest days only! :-)

Fe-lady said...

What Duane says! Listen to him! He knows stuff! :-)

Two more months honey and then it's show time!

mary g said...

Ok, so I'm trying to decide if I should just call and yell at you. I will spare you as I don't want to disrupt the peaceful zen that is going in my house right now! Focus on your goal Karie! The best feeling of accomplishment comes from those days when you just don't think you can make it out of the house to workout. And don't give me that "it's too hot or sunny here" line...cuz I went running in 31 degree temps today! On those days when I think I'm too lazy, I tell myself, all I have to do is lace up my shoes, get in the pool or get on my bike. If I can just do one lap, a half block run or a short spin, I will be happy with myself. Rarely do I leave it at that. Get get movin' sis!!!!!