Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oh, the Pain!

So, I bit the bullet and hired a trainer. So far, we have done a strength and flexibility test and came up with this:

Strength:
Upper body strength: poor
Abdominal strength: below average

BMI:
Obese (>32% body fat)
Present Goal: 31% body fat (average category)
Present weight loss goal: 16 pounds
Reevaluate in 2-3 months

Flexibility:
Trunk: very poor
Trunk Extension: Ave
Hip Flexion: Ave
Hip Length: Ave
Shoulder: Excellent

Oh, lovely! And this is after training for four months. Lord knows what would have happened then. But, check out the shoulder flexibility: Excellent! It's nice to have something that isn't average or very poor.

One of the great things about this trainer is...... I meet her at 5:30 In. The. Morning! I am sooooo NOT a 5:30 in the morning kind of worker outer, but it has been pretty good so far, except for the pain.

Oh, Yeah, I can barely sit down without assistance from a nearby table or chair. I met her for my first actual workout on Tuesday, and I only did one set of each exercise. That one set, however, just about killed me. And...... I have to go back tomorrow morning and every Tuesday and Thursday morning at, yes, 5:30 AM after that until the end of May, which happens to be when I head out of the frying pan and into the rain shower, also known as the Beautiful, Pacific Northwest. A few days in Moses Lake, a few in Spokane, over to Lake Stevens (Back and Forth, Back and Forth for most of the summer).

Hubby and I will be road tripping up to WA, from which he will return by plane while I stay out of the heat. I will then be road tripping back to Arizona with a friend from work, cause hubby can really only handle one way of a road trip, and that is gonna even be interesting. He's a plane kinda guy.

School is out in TWO weeks, which will be so very beautiful!

2 comments:

mary g said...

Ohhhh yeah! I love it. Not that you are in pain, but the step in a great direction :) Let me know how I need to have the workout area set up!

Fe-lady said...

Great that you are working with Jill- I see her at Davis Monthan in the gym from time to time-she has no idea who I am, and I haven't found the right time to go introduce myself as she is always with a client.
I am "working" with Bill- and I can't even remember his last name right now, because as most trainers, he is really into "his" workouts. I only purchased a paper plan-which has some crazy swims mapped out on it-that I take with a grain of salt. It surely isn't written for a 55 year old woman! (not enough recup time)-
So tell Jill "hi" one of these mornings. Tell her I am the old lady on Mondays lifting heavy. :-)
Your NW trip sounds SO inviting right now! Have a great time. (God, school sucks at the end of the year doesn't it?)