Friday, April 17, 2009

Pool Problems

If I were feeling particularly alliterate-y today, I would add Pissed Off to the Pool Problems issue.

After returning from my weekend in Vegas, which included little to no debauchery (Sorry Cheryl). I decided to go for a swim. Actually, I needed to go for a swim. This was Wednesday, I think. On this particular day, the winds were 40 - 50 mph, and there was no way in hell I was getting on a bike. I really didn't want to go to the pool either, as the pool is outside and they don't clean it very often (they say once a week, HA). I've swam with the same leaves in there for weeks on end. Sometimes, I almost think it could qualify for a lake swim, ick!

Anyway, I had to talk myself into getting my suit on and gathering my towel and gear bag. Then, I had to talk myself into actually driving to the pool, since I tried to either turn around or go somewhere else at least three times. Once in the parking lot and out of the car, I tried, again, to turn around and go home more times than I can remember. I also noticed the ducks that reside in my pool that usually swim with me were in the front garden area of the gym and not in the back by the pool. I should've know then. I finally decided that I needed to go into the pool, or I would feel even more crappy with myself. And then this happened .......

While schlepping to the front door to the gym, I hear yelling. Not like people having fun yelling, but ridiculous, over-bearing screaming coming from the pool area. As I approaced the front desk and looked toward the pool, the water was amass with flailing adolescent arms. The yelling was coming from the swim coach girl walking up and down the side of the pool. Oh, F... it's swim team season.

I approach the front desk and grab the pool schedule, no swim team listed. I say to the front desk girl,
"There was no swim team last week."

"Oh, No! It started yesterday."

"It isn't listed on the schedule. What time does it run until?"

"8:15"

"8:15? When does it start?"

"4:30, Monday thru Thursday."

"4:30 until 8:15 Monday thru Thursday? That doesn't leave much time for anyone else to swim does it?"

"Oh, well the pool is open all day. Do you work or something?"

"Yes, or something!"

My or something consists of spending my day with 28 fifth graders. The last thing I want to do is show up to my gym and see even more of them spashing around in the pool.

So, Pissed off about Pool Problems and Picking a new Plan.....

1 comment:

Fe-lady said...

Oh I hear you sister! Wish I could get you on base to swim...(no kids allowed!)

Do you work OR SOMETHING! Gawd...
I think Udall has reopened for evening swim.

Endless pool or lap pool built in the back yard?
(That's MY dream!)
:-0

So...did you swim, or leave?
And sorry...I didn't mean dabauchery...(or however you spell it...just living vicariously through you!)